A brief preface
Let me start off by really framing the context for this tutorial series with a list of unreasonable expectations:
- I am a smart person; therefore, I will be a good programmer.
- I don't consider myself a smart person; therefore, I could never be a good programmer.
- I will learn everything I will ever need to know about programming from this tutorial series.
- I will be able to build my own mobile app and make gajillions of monies, just by reading this entire tutorial series!
If any of the above bullet points was going through your head before you clicked on the link that led you here, please read the below list of reasonable expectations.
- You will learn the basic skills required to only begin your journey of becoming a programmer.
- You will screw up more than once before getting your programs to work, but this is normal! My only suggestion here is to wear a helmet in order to prevent permanent damage sustained through constant head-to-keyboard collisions.
- You should expect to be successful if you have sufficient typing skills and can use critical thinking to solve problems.
- You (and every other programmer out there) are about as likely to create the Next Big Thing™ as to be struck by lightning twice in the same part of the body.